Wednesday 30 March 2016

One Month (Pretty Much!) Update

Hey! I've been doing this on and off for a month, really intensively at first and now it's cooled off a little bit, but I just wanted to pause and reflect on it. Even though it's only been a month, involving myself in music in this way has been really busy and great, and has definitely helped me feel a lot better about my current situation (which is getting better as well!)

I've not done a review for the blog in a while because I've been writing articles for Independent Music News - I've already posted some of the links up on here and will keep on doing so! But it's also because I have to job search for around 35 hours a week, so it is hard balancing what is essentially full-time commitments on top of this. Although writing for this is also kind of useful in building a portfolio and resume for a potential job, so I guess it counts as work and I'm just getting a bit swamped? Ahahahaha. I'm also going to start working on Punktastic's helpdesk for a few hours next week so I'm dead excited bout this.

I managed to use the work I've done on here and for other websites as a way to get myself some work experience at a local music PR firm called ilikepress. They work with a load of my favourite international bands - like ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead, Opeth, Tesseract, MONO and Sikth - as well as some local Leeds bands like Hawk Eyes and Blacklisters. I'm going to be working there for a few days a week starting next week and it's exciting; even though I'm sure I'll just be doing basic stuff at first, I've got the opportunity to knuckle down and prove myself in a field that I love.

I need to source some more reviews but it's difficult to find the time for it; I have a few more queued up but I need to slow down the rate I review them. I might also add live reviews in, as I have a few gigs queued up which I'm excited about. On top of that, I also have a band that I need to work on, as I've neglected it for the last few weeks. Playing music live is my passion and I've not gigged in a while due to stress and anxiety, so I want to work on that and get this unit up and running ASAP. Yeah!

So thanks for anyone who's read this blog in the last few weeks, it's exciting and I wanna keep it going, probably just at a better pace. See ya on the flipside.

No comments:

Post a Comment